Reading Note (Extra): Monro. Pandava Brothers B


Figure 1: Duryodhana Fights BhimaWikimedia

The section of this reading that I found most interesting was the war. No surprise there, all of my stories have been about conflict and fighting. I particularly like how he starts by describing it with a battle that everyone is familiar with, the siege of Troy in the Illiad. Perhaps I will have an old warrior recounting his fight in this story.

There is another story I want to tell. The reason that all of my stories are combat and humor based is because they are essentially practice pieces for a novel I want to write that is very humor and combat focused. However, there is another element to this novel; characters that I call the scarring ones, manifestations of evil and hatred in the world and in ourselves. Duryodhana would make a perfect subject for the template of a scarring one. I especially feel like he doesn't do enough fighting in the Mahabharata, so this would be my way of giving him something to do.

Pandava Brothers by Monro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Week 3 Story: Rama's Banishment Episode