Reading Note (Extra): Monro. Pandava Brothers A



Figure 1: Tamil Woman Wikimedia

Less technologically advanced ancient Tamil may have been the basis for the monkeys in the Ramayana according to Gould.

I want to start by focusing on the writing style. This book is written like a history account, and if there was anything that I would want to take away it would be that. Perhaps I'll try writing an "ancient history" for some present characters. That could certainly be interesting.

Aside from this, the most interesting thing was the characterization of Bhima as destructive and cruel. This makes the general conflict much more understandable and realistic. However, I do wish some of the supernatural elements of the story were eliminated like in the Divine Archer, which was apologetically written from the perspective of a non Hindu individual, and had his own thoughts and perspective on the story. If anything, this story makes me miss that story.

Pandava Brothers by Monro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Week 3 Story: Rama's Banishment Episode